Thursday

The finale and the trip

We finished loading at around 6 last night and actually left town around 9:15.

These two guys think they did aaaallll the work.


 So far my favorite moment of the entire ordeal was realizing that we were letting Phoenix run wild like a trailer park baby.
So we put her in the clothes basket for safe keeping, hahaha!

At one point my ninja skills were required and I had to leave my furious packing in order to save the day!

When we at last had everything out and the place cleaned up, all we wanted to do was die, but we had to leave!!

I survived the drive until 3 and then Carol had to take over cause I was a swerving maniac. Phoenix pretty much would not sleep until 6 when I broke parenting rules and made a bed on my lap out of about 1,000 blankets and 50 pillows. She passed out and I sat there for 2 hours sweating to death, nodding off in a fever-like comma. At one point she had her head on my shoulder and one hand in my face and was like wrapped around her car seat like an octopus. 
We got to the hotel two hours before we could check in so we tried to entertain the baby by allowing her to play near construction sites and putting her up on high, slanted surfaces.

We checked in and found a california king in our room which hilariously fit all 4 of us to take a 3.5 hour nap on. Woke up, ate some pizza and we are going back to bed!! Note to self: Never make a move during the night again!!
Night ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this! Especially P being trailer baby--naked and everything! Excellent job :) And WTH is Allen wearing!? I thought you didn't like those weird belly shirt things that are in stores now? ;)
    Anyway--I felt like I was there with you--suffering from a heat stroke and sweaty baby octopi arms. Not cool!

    But for real--I'm glad you guys made it and are waiting around for the house to close. When will it happen?!

    ReplyDelete